Maroma is our supplier of high quality aromatic products : incense sticks and leaves and potpourri.
Maroma is part of Auroville, an international community dedicated to human unity and the advancement of society in a fair and non-sectarian fashion. The residents are involved in a wide range of projects including environmental regeneration research, organic farming, renewable energy, green construction, technology, handicrafts and small eco-friendly industries.
1. 100 % natural
All their product lines are developed to create a feeling of well being and inner balance.
Maroma uses natural essential oils and no chemicals. They are constantly working towards replacing synthetic raw materials with natural ingredients whenever possible, including natural preservatives and natural colors.
2. Fair trade
Maroma is also a member of the World Fair Trade Organization.Their motto is to put people before machines.
They follow the Fair Trade policy for all those involved with the company, taking care of the cleanliness and safety of the work space to the well being of the workers. They have always run our business with consciousness and integrity to produce not only a beautiful product, but to produce it in an environment conductive to creativity for all those involved in the company.
3. Earth friendly
Maroma is dedicated to help preserve the planet’s natural resources.
- Waste is greatly minimized : used cans, cardboard boxes, waste glass and plastic are separated and given for recycling to a company that comes and collects them on a monthly basis.
- Waste water is filtered with soak pits before it is absorbed into the ground.
- Most of the ingredients in Maroma’s products and packaging are recyclable and naturally abundant or taken from renewable resources. They are constantly trying to find materials with minimal impact on the environment.
- The products are cruelty-free and never tested on animals. Most of them are vegan (only a few contain honey).
- They have solar powered lighting.
- Auroville is one of the first cities to completely offset its electricity use by feeding into the grid wind-generated energy from captive power windmills installed by the Auroville unit Varuna.
4. Incense sticks
Maroma has the most comprehensive and highest quality incense collection. It shows their unparalleled expertise in blending perfectly balanced natural fragrances through a refined knowledge of the interplay of resonance and affinity of fragrances.
Encens d’Auroville has a range of 58 fragrances . Most of them are made without Charcoal or Phthalates. Each fragrance is unique and pleasantly uplifting.
Wood powder with a botanical gum resin is bound on to bamboo sticks and dried. The finished sticks are then dipped into their proprietary fragrances, which have been expertly blended with pure essential oils. The result is a fresh and balanced aroma of unity that enhances the atmosphere and brings a room to life.
5. Incense leaves
100% Natural Fragrance. A delightful, stylized variation of cone incense, these charming leaves are fragrant tributes to our planet’s wondrous plant life. Each leaf is hand pressed from wood powder infused with their own fragrance blended with natural essential oils.
Fragrances : Mix of Cypress & eucalyptus and juniper, lemongrass and lavender & rosemary, patchouli and cedarwood, pine and ornage & cinnamon
The Maroma potpourris bring nature into our homes and hearts with a rich treasure trove of colors, textures, and fragrances. A delightful collection of nature’s gifts. Dried seeds, pods, flowers, and leaves are blended together with carefully chosen fine and wonderful fragrances that are mixed with natural essential oils.
Fragrances : Lavender, Opium, Lotus, Rose, Jasmine, Lemongrass.Contact Us